March 24-26 at Grace Adventures
SPRING TRAINING is about more than just participating in or watching sports. It is about physical and spiritual practice and preparation for the game of manhood, fatherhood, discipleship, and leadership. The Men's Retreat is held in beautiful West Michigan right next to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and includes meals, housing, snacks, and all on-campus activities.
You can also sign up on Sunday, February 19, 26 and March 5. at the ManCAMP Ministry Counter, COST $120
Important Weekend Information
Grace Adventures – Spring Training – Men’s Retreat
March 24 – 26 2017
Thank you for registering for Grace Adventures’ Men’s Retreat! We are looking forward to an awesome weekend with you!
- Check-in is from 6:00PM – 8:00 PM on Friday, March 24th at Grace Adventures
- The weekend will wrap up on Sunday around 11:00AM after the final session
- Final Numbers of Attendees for your group are due Friday, March 10th. Please call or email Hannah Younglove, firstname.lastname@example.org, by that date
- Important Note: If we do not receive your Final Numbers by Friday, March 10th, your group will be responsible for the maximum contracted amount of attendees.
- If any of your men have any special handicap or dietary needs, you must inform us when you provide your Final Numbers
- Housing is assigned by Grace Adventures Staff based on group size. Special requests may only be made if there is a need for handicap accessible housing
- Groups will receive their housing assignment when they Check-in
- All Housing units are smoke-free. Please only smoke in the designated areas on campus
- On-Campus attendees must bring their own bedding (See Packing List)
- All housing units are heated and have bathrooms and showers located inside the building
- We try our best to not have separate groups share housing units
- Hotel rooms are booked by Grace Adventures for your group. Rooms are rated at two people per room
- Your Hotel is the Dunes Express Inn and Suites. Located just off the Hart/Mears exit, 2248 N Comfort Dr. Hart MI 49420
- You may Check-In to your hotel starting at 3:00PM on Friday or choose to Check-In after the evening events
- Hotels require the names of individual guests for room assignments, please provide your group attendees names when you give us Final Numbers
- Grace Adventures partners with the hotels for these events, please be respectful and considerate of all other guests during your stay
- Check-Out at the hotel is at 12:00PM
- Groups choosing to Commute are not assigned housing on campus
- Commuters may stay for the duration of the program during each day
- Parking is free
Session Speaker: Todd Wilson
Todd Wilson, is a dad, writer, conference speaker, and former pastor. Todd’s humor and down to earth realness have made him a favorite speaker at homeschool conventions across the country and a guest of Focus on the Family. As founder of Familyman Ministries, his passion and mission are to remind dads and moms of what’s important through a weekly e-mail for dads, seminars, and books that encourage parents. www.familymanweb.com
(This is a tentative schedule for your planning purposes. Details and specifics will be provided a the retreat. Subject to change)
6:00 Registration, Snack, and Move in
8:15 Welcome and Session 1
9:45 Evening Activities
7:00 Morning Devotion
9:30 Session 2
11:00 Man Games
11:00 Workshop Block 1
12:00, 1:00 Lunch
1:00 Afternoon Activities
4:00 Workshop Block 2
5:30, 6:30 The Man Feast
7:45 Session 3
9:30 Evening Activities
7:00 Morning Devotion
7:30 – 9:00 Brunch
9:30 Session 4
Grace Adventures is located about 35 miles North of Muskegon, 20 miles South of Ludington, and 80 miles Northwest of Grand Rapids. Grace Adventures is on Upper Silver Lake, almost 7 miles West of US-31. The closest commercial airports are Grand Rapids and Muskegon.
Traveling from Muskegon, follow US-31 Northbound to Hart/Mears (Exit 149). Turn Left (West) and stay on this road until it stops (approx. 1 ½ mile) and follow the signs.
Traveling from Ludington, follow US-31 Southbound to Hart/Mears (Exit 149). Turn Right (West) and stay on this road until it stops (approx. 1 ½ mile) and follow the signs
Traveling from Grand Rapids, follow I-96 West to Muskegon, then follow the above directions from Muskegon
Note: During Winter/Spring 2017, Silver Dam Road, off of W Taylor Rd is closed. Please take 56th Ave North to Deer Road to get to Grace Adventures.
Grace Adventures Address:
2100 N Ridge Rd
Mears, MI 49436
WHAT TO BRING
- Bedding (Sleeping Bag/Sheet & Pillow)
- Toiletries (Including Towels)
- Warm, outdoor, comfortable clothes
- Bible, Notebook, Pen, Highlighter
- Fishing Gear (weather permitting)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Paintball Gear (bring your own or use ours) -- Grace Adventures staff may chrono your gun to our specifications
- Guns and Ammunition in locked cases (bring your own or use ours) -- Includes rifles, pistols, bows, crossbows, and shotguns
- Camera and/or GoPro (optional)
- Spending Money for the Camp Store
We recommend that you “unplug” during this retreat. Internet, Cell phones, and other electronics can be a distraction. We will require that phones and iPods be silenced during sessions and events. Anything brought ton campus, including electronics, is the owner’s responsibility. We are not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or broken.
Please remember that Grace Adventures is a drug and alcohol free facility. Thank you for your support in helping create a positive environment for all our attendees!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does the Registration Fee Include?
In short, everything! The registration fee is all-inclusive. All housing, meals, and activities are included. The only extra money you may need is for extra snacks and drinks at our Camp Store during the weekend.
Seriously, we can bring our own guns?
Yes. We encourage guys who like to shoot their own guns to bring them and ammunition. There will be times for shooting guns at our ranges. We have a rifle range, shotgun trap shooting range, pistol range, and archery range. While firearms are not in use, they MUST be locked in vehicles. No firearms are allowed in housing units. Paintball guns and gear are also permitted at our Paint ball and Re-Ball courses.
Does Grace need individual waiver forms or personal health information?
No. We do not require individual waiver forms or personal health information from our guests. We do not gather, store, or distribute medication during the retreat.
What if any of us have special dietary needs?
We are more than happy to accommodate dietary needs and restrictions that our guests may have. Please inform us of any needs two weeks prior to your experience by contacting our office so that we can adequately plan for those needs. If you have additional needs or questions, please contact our Food Service Director, Pam Schutter, at email@example.com or 231-873-3662
Is Wi-Fi available during the retreat?
Because of the beautiful and remote area that surrounds us, we do not offer Wi-Fi to our guests during their stay. We encourage you to disconnect from the Internet and enjoy time in nature and with the other men in your group.
How many people usually come to the Men’s Retreat?
Every weekend is different and will have a variable number of people, but our capacity for the weekends is 240 total people. Typically weekends will be between 200 -240 people.
Are your buildings handicap accessible?
Many of our buildings and housing units are handicap accessible, but not every housing unit and activity site. We have paved sidewalks that go between the main session space, gymnasium, dining hall, the Lodge housing unit, and the Retreat Center housing unit. There is a significant amount of walking required to get around campus. If you require handicap accessible lodging or accommodations, please let our staff know ahead of time so that we can plan for those needs.
What should we do in case of emergencies?
In the event of an emergency, please call 911 and inform a Grace Adventures staff member. Make sure your men have the proper insurance and medical information on hand. At Check-In you’ll be given more information on how to reach a staff member at any time. The nearest hospital is Mercy Health Lakeshore in Shelby, MI (72 S State St, Shelby MI 49455)