Covid Update – 11/16/20
Dear gracespring Family,
We are grateful to God through what He chooses to do in the midst of so much uncertainty! Thank you so much for extending grace that has been needed in large doses during these times. People are taking note and lives are being impacted because of it.
With the latest announcement from the State of Michigan, I am sure you are wondering what this means for gracespring moving forward for the next few weeks. Here is the best summation to which our leadership team has agreed:
- Gracespring facility will be closed to outside groups beginning Wednesday, November 18 – Tuesday, December 8.
- gsKIDZ (Infants-5th Grade) will be meeting on Sunday mornings for their worship services. (4th & 5th grade only meeting during 1st service)
- gsYOUTH (6th-12th grade) will be continuing their meetings on Wednesday nights for their worship services.
- In person auditorium worship services will continue on Saturday evening (6:00 p.m.) and Sunday mornings (9:00 and 11:00 a.m.), with our Online Campus just meeting Sunday mornings at 9:00 & 11:00am.
- Response Care is virtual, but meeting in-person by appointment only.
We want to reiterate that for those of you who are not feeling at peace with coming in person, having health risks, or possibly having been exposed to Covid, our Online Campus would love to help keep us all connected. There should be no shame in this. In fact, we are taking greater measures to enhance this experience, while also getting more of you involved in the service by video to keep your faces in front of our church family.
We have found our weekly in-person gatherings to be ‘life-lines’ for a significant number of people and believe that to stop these would be more irresponsible than shutting down and offering virtual only. There can be plenty of solid reasons that we should simply shut down, but we firmly believe our Lord has led us to what we have just shared. Yet having said this, because Covid has been spiking in our area, let me again remind us that we have an opportunity of showing respect to those around us in wearing masks for everyone’s safety as our doctors have strongly recommended.
I hope you are joining along in our series, Clash of Kingdoms, as I believe the material to be so relevant to our being effective for the kingdom of God, especially during these times. May we move forward by functioning FROM the victory that is already ours in Christ Jesus our Lord.
In His Grip,