Date: March 10, 2021
Position Title: Custodian
Status: Part-Time Hourly
Reports To: Facilities Coordinator
This position helps serve our body in keeping the facilities attractive, safe, clean and well-maintained. We are looking for a person who is detailed, has a can-do attitude and has a strong work ethic. This important role on the gracespring team will interface with fellow staff members, “gracespringers,” outside vendors and organizations.
- Ensure bathrooms are clean, smell clean, look sharp and are well stocked at all times, especially for Wed nights, Sunday mornings and other times when they will be used more often.
- Clean counters, sinks, mirrors, toilets, urinals
- Sweep floor twice a week & Mop floor once a week
- Replace feminine products, replacement waste bags, soaps, and Paper Products
- General Cleaning
- Cleaning Windows
- Develop and follow a deep cleaning schedule for windows, carpets, chairs, walls, baseboards, kitchens, etc
- Survey the entire interior of the building daily and make adjustments to provide a clean, inviting and professional look
- Order and maintain an organized and well-labeled inventory of cleaning supplies and materials so they can be easily found and used by volunteers.
- Assisting Facilities Coordinator in other tasks as assigned
Misc Any other tasks or responsibilities deemed necessary by the Facilities Manager, Setup & Grounds Supervisor or Executive Pastor (not often)
- Minimum of High School Diploma and preferably have 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to negotiate with contractors and vendors for facility needs.
- Ability to communicate timely and efficiently with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses.
- Ability to utilize a computer for email correspondence and work order management.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be physically fit in order to do manual labor, operate machinery, go up and down a ladder, lift over 40 lbs, be able to walk the campus, including stairs on a daily basis.
gracespring team life
- Demonstrates a growing relationship with Christ and a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit and a commitment to righteousness in all aspects of personal life and ministry.
- Is in agreement with our statement of faith
- Proven ability to submit to others out of reverence for Christ (Ephesians 5:21)
- Ministry minded, organized and self-motivated
- An active member of gracespring or willing to become one upon being hired
- Drive for excellence and continual improvement in ministry initiatives
gracespring staff culture
- Make Much of Jesus – the incredible news of Jesus is why we do what we do. We desire to make Him greater and us less.
- Are Dying to Live – the only way to live for Him is to die to our own desires.
- Believe Multiplication > Addition – develop volunteer leaders who raise up other leaders vs just adding more people to the team.
- Use our Blinkers – when approaching change, we value notifying the affected people in advance.
- Fill it to the Brim – we don’t just settle for OK. Excellence glorifies God and inspires men.
- Are Thermostats Not Thermometers – We take our roles as leaders seriously. We take the initiative to provide healthy environments vs morphing into the world and people around us.
- Press into the Mess – we aren’t afraid to get in the middle of difficult situations to display both grace and truth to equip people and point them to Jesus.
- Are Tour Guides Not Travel Agents – We lead by example, taking people on the journey with us vs telling them how to accomplish a task or goal by themselves.
comp and benefits
- Hourly wage, based on 12-15 hours/week
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Retirement Match