Date: March 20, 2021
Position Title: gsKIDZ Early Childhood Coordinator
Status: Part-Time Hourly
Reports To: gsKIDZ Director
The gsKidz Early Childhood Coordinator’s responsibility is to partner with the gsKidz vision and assist in executing the ‘details’ in Gracespring’s Early Childhood program. The EC Coordinator will help facilitate a culture of creative, enthusiastic, and relevant children’s ministry by joyfully serving the volunteers and families of gsKidz and Gracespring Bible Church. This culture will thrive on providing spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental care, alongside an environment of safety and structured policies. We seek someone who is able to execute “the details”, flourish in relational leadership, recruit and train leaders, creative thinker, servant hearted, teachable spirit, and has a warm caring nature.
- Recruit and Retain Volunteers
- To maintain organization, supply stock, cleaning, and sanitizing of the entire EC wing including check in station, kiosk, rooms, kitchen, and maintain an accurate inventory of all EC rooms, shelves, toys, snacks, storage areas, etc
- Be trained, appreciated for their involvement, attend Sunday seminars, curriculum accountability, and new leader orientation
- Provide Sunday support for gsKidz volunteers and lead hospitality for the EC wing including, but not limited to: guest tours, parent questions, visitor gifts, child birthday recognition, etc
- Train Kids
- Develop & execute Bible-based, relevant, age-specific curriculum that trains up children
- Celebrate milestones from birth – young 5’s (PreSchool)
- Lead all aspects of Child Dedication (promotion, signups, program, Auditorium service, food, followup, etc)
- Partner with Elementary for our annual Kindergarten graduation ceremony/class)
- Equip Parents
- Checking in with parents, asking how they are doing, providing resources on best practices on how to raise PreSchoolers (Provide tools on how to teach kids the Bible, how to do family devotions with PreSchoolers, activities, etc)
- Provide Large Events (Easter Factory, Santa’s Village, etc) for young families to BELONG
- Physical Duties
- Set up and tear down supplies, rooms, hallways, etc – for weekly Sunday programming
- Oversee scheduled Kidz Korner room cleaning and sanitizing – as well as, the weekly laundry of socks
- Oversee scheduled deep cleaning of rooms, supplies, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven leadership in children’s ministry or employment working with children
- Must have good organizational skills, skilled in training and equipping volunteer teams, and the ability to delegate
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Ability to tactfully confront parents of young children about behavior, hygiene, illness, incident reports, etc – in cooperation with gsKidz policy and procedures
- Knowledge of PC or MAC computer, social media, Microsoft Word, (Excel a plus), and/or willingness to learn
- Detail oriented and competent administratively
gracespring team life
- Demonstrates a growing relationship with Christ and a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit and a commitment to righteousness in all aspects of personal life and ministry.
- Is in agreement with our statement of faith
- Proven ability to submit to others out of reverence for Christ (Ephesians 5:21)
- Ministry minded, organized and self-motivated
- An active member of gracespring or willing to become one upon being hired
- Drive for excellence and continual improvement in ministry initiatives
gracespring staff culture
- Make Much of Jesus – the incredible news of Jesus is why we do what we do. We desire to make Him greater and us less.
- Are Dying to Live – the only way to live for Him is to die to our own desires.
- Believe Multiplication > Addition – develop volunteer leaders who raise up other leaders vs just adding more people to the team.
- Use our Blinkers – when approaching change, we value notifying the affected people in advance.
- Fill it to the Brim – we don’t just settle for OK. Excellence glorifies God and inspires men.
- Are Thermostats Not Thermometers – We take our roles as leaders seriously. We take the initiative to provide healthy environments vs morphing into the world and people around us.
- Press into the Mess – we aren’t afraid to get in the middle of difficult situations to display both grace and truth to equip people and point them to Jesus.
- Are Tour Guides Not Travel Agents – We lead by example, taking people on the journey with us vs telling them how to accomplish a task or goal by themselves.
comp and benefits
- Hourly wage, based on 20-22 hours/week
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Retirement Match