- Have everyone in the family share their testimony. What was your life before you met Jesus? How did you meet Jesus? And what has changed since? Revelation 12:11a says And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.
- Have each person take a spiritual gift test and discuss your results.
- Go through the growth guides with your son/daughter.
- Turn off technology, shut the blinds, turn off all lights, light a candle or use a flashlight and have everyone pray out loud. Pray for safety, wisdom, and peace. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- PLAY. There’s some weird things happening in the world, but what an opportunity to spend some family time with one another! Get out your favorite board game, puzzle, or cards and enjoy some time with one another!
- Practice having a Gospel conversation with a waiter, cashier, classmate, sibling, etc. People need Jesus in this time and with a lot of fear and panic going around role play some Gospel conversations that you can have with people you might interact with. A good method I like to use is Ask, Admire, Admit, and for more info on that check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7RkC9C3H7U&t=1s
- Check out what’s new in rightnow media and go through a series. You could even go through “The Gospel of Mark” with Francis Chan to partner with the Marked series gracespring is doing. For gsKidz, “What’s in the Bible” Series volumes 1-9 that teach about the Old Testament. This series is a great resource to reinforce what the kids have just learned. Also, the “Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution” are fascinating.
- Have a “Dance Off”, Worship style! Create a dance to one of your favorite Worship songs and share it on the gsKidz Facebook group. Watch and respond to your friends’ videos.
- Practice the Books of the Bible (Old Testament books). Can you come up with a fun way to teach the Old Testament books to someone else? Ex. song, skit, flashcards, drawing.
- Build a fort! Use this fort throughout your time at home to Pray and spend time with God daily. Try writing a verse and journaling about what you think God wants to teach you through that verse. You could also draw a picture of what you think the verse means.
- Go on a scavenger hunt for all things that are created by God. (Inside or Outside, you will always find lots of things) Pray to God thanking Him for everything you find.
- Memorize Scripture. Here is a link with 21 different ways you can use to help kids memorize scripture. https://churchleaders.com/children/childrens-ministry-how-tos/253108-27-ways-get-kids-memorize-scripture.html
For gsKidz, this weeks memory verse is (Elem) 2 Corinthians 5:17 and (EC) 2 Timothy 3:16
- Start a Prayer Chain! You can use the gsKidz Facebook group, call, text, face chat, etc. In a video, state your name, your prayer request, then pray for someone else’s prayer request. Share your video.
- Write an Encouragement Note to someone and mail it to them.
- Play Bible Trivia. Here is a link with over 300 questions, with the answers, that you can use. There is also a video you could play for the whole family. https://ministry-to-children.com/kids-bible-trivia
gKidz Ministry will have each Sunday Service on video along with a digital copy of the “Make It Stick” program to upload on our gsKidz Facebook group.